As the name suggests, Xbmcremote is an application that puts you in control of your XBMC box using mobile devices. You can browse the library, create playlists and view/control the currently played media.
Current releases support Ubuntu Touch, Sailfish OS, KDE, Maemo 6 (MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan), and Maemo 5. Older released versions can be found for Symbian too. The code however should compile and run fine wherever Qt is available. Requirement is the availability of Qt 4.7 or greater. Qt 5 is supported as of version 1.3.
Latest Xbmcremote builds work with Xbmc versions Frodo and Eden and Gotham.
Currently supported features:
– Browse Audio/Video Library/Filesystem, Pictures and TV Channels
– Play Audio/Video/Pictures
– Add/Remove songs/videos to/from playlist
– Key input (Left, Right, OK, Back etc.)
– Play/Pause, Skip, Fast Forward/Backward, Repeat, Shuffle
– Subtitle and audio track selection
– Volume (allows you to define custom commands if you have an external amplifier that cannot controlled directly through xbmc).
– Automatically lowers volume or pauses videos and music during calls.
– Download media to your phone/tablet.
– Wake on Lan to wake up your XBMC
– Media artwork and extended details
Because of disrupting API changes between Xbmc Eden and Frodo, you need different versions of Xbmcremote depending on which version of Xbmc you run.
* MeeGo 1.2 Harmattan:
Release 1.3.1 (for Xbmc 12 Frodo): Install from Nokia Store or download from here: xbmcremote_1.3.1-harmattan0_armel.deb
Release 1.2 (for Xbmc 11 Eden): xbmcremote_1.2.2-harmattan0_armel.deb
* Ubuntu Touch:
Version 1.5.1 is available directly from your Application Scope at your Ubuntu powered phone.
* Sailfish OS:
You should be able to install the latest version from Harbor. However, due to restrictions for apps in Harbor you might consider using the OpenRepos version which is much more feature complete.
* KDE Plasma Widget for Ubuntu:
If you are using Ubuntu you can install it from my release ppa:
$ sudo apt-add-repository ppa:mzanetti/ppa
$ sudo apt-get install xbmcremote
* KDE Plasma Widget for ArchLinux:
Thanks to Sarwo Hadi Setyana there is a AUR package available for ArchLinux based distributions. Use your favorite package mangler with AUR support (mine is yaourt) and install
* Maemo 5:
Release 1.3.1 (for Xbmc 12 Frodo): xbmcremote_1_3_1_fremantle0_armel.deb
A version for Eden can be found in the maemo-extras-devel repository.
Version 1.2 can be obtained in the Nokia Store. As of version 1.3 Symbian support has been dropped.
For all other platforms and distributions, currently the only way is to build it from sources. I would be very happy to see packages for other distributions popping up. See below for the link to the source code repository.
The source code repository can be found here: https://gitorious.org/xbmcremote
Here are some screenshots:
Enjoy and let me know how you like it!